Tomb Raider explores the intense and gritty origin story of Lara Croft and her ascent from a young woman to a hardened survivor. Armed only with raw instincts and the ability to push beyond the limits of human endurance, Lara must fight to unravel the dark history of a forgotten island to escape its relentless hold.
At the beginning of the story, we experience Lara embarking on her first job after graduating from University. She shows fear in the face of danger, initially lacking confidence in her own abilities and judgment. Still, we can see the seeds of what Lara will eventually become. She possesses a powerful sense of moral courage. She is clever, resourceful and determined.
- A Turning Point: Experience Lara Croft’s intense origin story from a young woman to a hardened survivor.
- An All-New Raiding Experience: Explore a mysterious island filled with environmental puzzles, visceral combat, and tombs to discover.
- Fight to Live: Salvage resources, gain experience, and upgrade Lara’s weapons and tools to survive the island’s hostile inhabitants.
- Free Movement: Scramble up a vertical cliff wall, sprint and leap across a huge chasm, steer mid-air to land a misdirected jump: traverse, survive, and explore the harsh environment of the island.
- One Cohesive World: The diverse multi-region island is an open playground alive with creatures, weather, and natural events.
- Survive as a Team: Play a variety of multiplayer modes as Lara’s Shipmates or Yamatai’s Scavengers.