The first Tomb Raider movie (Lara Croft: Tomb Raider) starring Angelina Jolie celebrates its 20th anniversary this month, as the title originally released on June 15, 2001.
To celebrate this magical number in style, Paramount Home Entertainment has just released a newly remastered Blu-ray Disc edition of the movie with a redesigned cover.
The 20th anniversary Blu-ray includes a code to redeem a Digital Copy along with almost 90 minutes of previously released special features:
- Commentary with director Simon West
- "Digging Into Tomb Raider": In depth cast and crew interviews
- "Crafting Lara Croft": Angelina Jolie's physical training for the role
- The Stunts of Tomb Raider
- The Visual Effects of Tomb Raider
- "Are You Game?": A look at the Tomb Raider video game phenomenon
- 4 deleted scenes
- Alternate Main Title Sequence
- U2 music video, "Elevation" Tomb Raider Mix
Pairing Lara Croft: Tomb Raider with its 2003 sequel, Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life, a new 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray two-movie collection is also available from June 1st, including a digital copy for both films.
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Synopsis:
Exploring lost empires, finding priceless treasures, punishing villains in mortal combat... it's all in a day's work for adventurer Lara Croft (Angelina Jolie). But a secret from her father's (Jon Voight) past is about to lead Lara to her greatest challenge: The Triangle of Light, a legendary artefact with the power to alter space and time. Lara must find the Triangle before it falls into the clutches of the Illuminati, a secret society bent on world domination. To stop the Iluminati, Lara will have to survive a cross-continental chase filled with unimaginable danger. But for the Tomb Raider, danger is the name of the game.